The “Just Judges”
Painted in the 15th century by brothers, Hubert and Jan van Eyck, the “Just Judges” is one of the panels in the Ghent Altarpiece in Saint Bava Cathedral in Ghent, Belgium. The horseback characters in the panel are nameless for the most part, but one is almost certainly Philip the Good, the Duke of Burgundy.
The “Just judges” panel was stolen in 1934 and no trace of it has been found. The case is still active, however, and tips continue to pour in regarding the whereabouts of the painting.